Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Higher Ground 2005 audio coming soon!

I don't know about Jason's progress, but I finally chose the path of least resistance. I was going to edit each file individually, but after playing with the first, I discovered it wasn't too productive.

So, I wrote a little script and am letting the wonders of linux & a 64bit processor work for me. The files are taking about 30s to convert from wav to a vbr mp3 with an average bitrate of 112k/s - very good when considering the quality of the source.

My thought is that, next year, I'll bypass some of the confusion by bringing a real microphone (already have one) and my laptop to the studies and just record them straight. If I convert as the days go by (my laptop IS slower than my desktop) I should probably be able to have some cds to handout on saturday morning!

...that is just so sweet!
In the time it took to write this, they're all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment