Saturday, June 25, 2005

hoorah! someone knows my blog exists!

Well, everyone else seems to be griping that they don't like this thing, but I like the fact that someone knows my blog exists!
On one level, I totally agree, it's like the email spam survery foolishness that most teenagers or females (or both) pass around, but I figured I'd fill it out.

One note first - ran my third 5k saturday morning. I didn't do spectacularly (32:20) but hey, most guys running weigh 145, not 230.

So, degarmo passed it to me, from Jason, from Nathan. There's are all about books, but since I like music, too, I'm going to include that as an addendum and a reference to the "original."

Books
1. Total books on my shelves - currently about 25 (most of mine are in storage - i probably have about 400 split between biblical resources, some fiction, language (italian, irish, german, french, etc...) and mathematics).
2. The last book I bought - I, too, took part in the outlet insanity in Gatlinburg and bought 3:
Then Sings my Soul, vol. 2 - Morgan
Old Testament Prophetic Books - Bullock
The Tentmaking Pastor - Bickers
3. Book I'm reading right now:
The Dangerous Duty of Delight - Piper
The Lion & the Lamb - Goldsworthy

4. Books I read a lot or mean a lot to me:
Bible (NASB, but considering the ESV)
Anything by Terry Pratchett
Word Pictures of the New Testament - Robertson
Tons of other stuff... I just don't have as much time anymore.

5. Last books I've read:
Bible As History
Incendiary Fellowship - Elton Trueblood
Blender 2.3 Official Guide

6. books that should never have been written:
Anything by Stephen King
Anything by Anne Rice

Music:
1. Total MP3s - 28.7G on the hard drive, probably another 15G archived.
2. Last CD bought - "Happy" by Matthew West
3. Next songs in playlist -
Coldplay - Shiver (live acoustic)
Frente! - Accidently Kelly Street
Weezer - Death and Destruction
Big Audio Dynamite II - Rush
Camper Van Beethoven - Take the Skinheads Bowling
Save Ferris - Under 21
4. Songs I listen to a lot/mean a lot to me -
Thomas' Song
Hosanna
Be Still My Soul
Secular at This link
5. Songs which should never have been recorded -
Most Britney Spearsish stuff
Most Gangsta Rap stuff (though I love the music and beat, the words are horrendous)
Yanni, John Tesh, Kenny G and their ilk

Passing this baton to - NO ONE. Everyone I know who has a blog has already done this silliness!

No comments:

Post a Comment