Thursday, June 23, 2005

"Thank you, God, for..."

Paul states in Romans 10:1-3 the following:
Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For, being ignorant of the righteousness that comes from God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. (ESV)
There are many in the "christian" world today who are very sincere and convicted in their service to God, but they don't have the knowledge to properly direct that zeal. With that in mind, many in the Lord's church today could learn some lessons from our denominational friends. I was listening to a broadcast(wma rm) yesterday on the way to work that prompted the title for this entry.

One of his points is that we need to consciously thank God more for all that He does for us - but to do it explicitly and specifically! The more I thank God, the more I'm thinking of Him, the more I'm serving Him, the better I glorify Him!

A very short list of things I'm thankful for:
  • Thank you, God, for Jesus, His example of purity and devotion, and His sacrifice for me.
  • Thank you, God, for my wonderful, supportive wife, Stacey.
  • Thank you, God, for my beautiful daughter, Willow.
  • Thank you, God, for allowing Stacey to become pregnant again.
  • Thank you, God, for my job that allows me to take care of my family so well.
  • Thank you, God, for your word that guides me when I listen.
  • Thank you, God, for all of the good friends that you've blessed me with.
  • Thank you, God, for Mark, Dan DeG., Daniel M., Jason and all of my other friends who push me to excel still more.

I think if we devote ourselves more to specifically thanking God all day long, we'll be - very simply - better servants of His.

No comments:

Post a Comment