Monday, July 11, 2005

I Love my wife (last post for today!)

God has blessed me with a wonderful woman.
She bought some clothes that I'd needed at a great sale price today. She cleaned the house. She made a good dinner of beef and potatoes. She made cookies for me. Then, to top it all off... well, I need to give some back story:

My lawnmower has been flaky and I haven't had time to deal with it for a couple of days. After some dis/assembly my dad suggested that i might have some water in the line. So, i start to unscrew the drain plug and try to bleed off the water. After a little bit, I gave it another try and still it wouldn't run. I saw an old stainless steel bowl (~3-4 cups size, a good double portion cereal bowl - i'm sure most of you guys know what I'm talking about), so I decided to drain the rest of the tank into this bowl. So, i have about 2+ cups of gasoline with some quantity of water sitting next to me and I further disassemble the carburetor and am checking things out and she says something along the lines of the following - "well, i've been married to you for too long because I want to see that gasoline burn up." I had the same thought, but didn't mention it because I didn't think she'd let me. Well, she went inside and got some matches!!
I LOVE MY WIFE!
So, we got it set on fire... it wasn't the *boom* we'd expected, but it was a nice strong flame for a few minutes (i should've taken a picture but just was too entralled by the flame).

On a side note, Willow is 100% my daughter - after the flame went out, she said "more papa, more. do it again."

What a great end to a day!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:59 PM

    You are my hero, Ben Hastings. I hope you and yours are well.

    Derek Guyer

    ReplyDelete